Thursday, March 02, 2006

Baby Names

Yes I know it is way to early to be naming the eggs and sperm especially since they have yet to meet. But for about as long as the husband and I have been together we have had some baby names - well lets be real - ok I have had some names in mind.


  • Samantha Ann - I like the name Samantha and Ann is for my sister - She is the reason I am convinced I could have chosen my parents to have her as my sibling.
  • Katrina - no not the hurricane - I liked it before then
  • Jamie Alexandra - Jamie is for us
  • Alexander James - for the husband
  • Christopher Michael - for the Husband's sister


The husband likes David Joseph - and I know it is a family name but there alre already too many David's in both our families and I am not particularly fond of Joeseph maybe because I just am not to fond of the shortening to Joe. Reminds me of sloppy joes. I know this is the husband's grandpa's name but - it's not like I am gunning for the name Franklin or Frank because of my grandpa and he was a kick ass grandfather - the best!

I just think we should have our own thing for a new generation - and not be like Geroge Foreman with all his boys named George after him. Come on lets let the kids have some individual identity here.

Anyways I am sure there will be much more discussion on this since we have more than enough time between now and when the actual naming must begin but it is obviously on our minds. I am sure we will figure it out. Otherwise Baby M will come home and we will have to make a decision at least by their first birthday - would that be waiting too long?

3 Comments:

At 12:58 PM, Blogger VJ said...

You can name your kid anything you want. Just please don't name it something stupid. You know like with a number in its name or after a piece of fruit.
Guys are strange about babynames. Paul wanted to name all of our kids so their initials would spell out ACE. Don't worry he gets very little say in the matter. I have already decided to fill out the birth certificate while he is out of the room!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I have a few choices you may want to consider:

1. Mazzie Ann
2. Apple Picker
3. Pitney Bowes
4. Ruby Angel
5. Banjo California
6. girl/boy #1
7. Name Here

Just something to consider :)

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

oooh I thought of another.... you could name the baby, Ohio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home