Friday, March 03, 2006

Baby Name Meanings & Origins

So now I am thinking a lot about Baby Names! I decided to look up the meaning and origins of the names I listed the other day and below is what I found. I appreciated everyone's comments and although they were very amusing I don't think that I will name our future children while the husband is out of the room nor will I pick names out of a hat where the names are stacked in my favor. But ironically the names listed are in order of my personal preference. I am sure much more research will go into this topic and I am sure I will get the husband to see it all my way. Becasue it is of course my job to get the husband to agree with my point of view just on principle. Also I don't think we will be doing any "odd" names like Ohio or Alabama becasue the husband will just counter with Star Trek and Star Wars names and we don't want that. Although Leia isn't too bad . . .hmmm.


  • Samantha - Origin = Aramaic / Meaning = listener
  • Ann - Origin = Hebrew / Meaning = graceful
  • Katrina - Traits: People describe Katrina as a natural-born ballerina: slender, dainty, and graceful. She comes across as a sensitive.
  • Jamie/Jaime/Jaimme - Origin = French / Meaning = I love
  • Alexandra - Origin = Greek / Meaning = helper and defender of mankind
  • Alexander - Origin = Greek / Meaning = helper of mankind
  • James - Traits: James is pictured as a big, strong, handsome man who is intelligent, serious, fair, and dependable.
  • Christopher - Origin = Greek / Meaning = Christ-bearer
  • Michael - Origin = Hebrew / Meaning = who is like the Lord
  • David - Origin = Hebrew / Meaning = beloved
  • Joseph - Origin = Hebrew / Meaning = he shall add

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

ooohh, I thought of a few more.....how about Xu, Xi or there is always Oprah :)

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger VJ said...

Ann means graceful? WOW was your mom off.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home