Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My Doctor & Discovery Health Channel

So I am pretty much addicted to all the baby shows on the Discovery Health channel. Daytime on DHC is pretty much "the baby channel". I was going to switch the channel because the "high risk" show (Babies: Special Delivery - Maximum Effort) was going to be on and sometimes those deliveries are hard to watch but I heard a familiar voice just before I was going to click the remote.

The show was featuring high risk deliveries at OSU Medical Center. On the show I could have sworn that I heard my doctor's voice . . . but with all the delivery room people being masked it was hard to tell but then my suspicians were confirmed and I got to see my doctor perform a c-section for a set of quads. It was very comforting to see how my doctor handled the proceedure and hear his unique comedic attitude while delivering babies.

We love our doctor and very much enjoy our appointments. He is straightforward but also funny with a bit of comedic attitude which easies your concerns effectively. It was so wonderful to see him deliver other babies. It just confirmed for me that we have the right doctor.

Interesting that when choosing a doctor to deliver your baby, you don't usually get to view other births that your doctor has delivered but when you are getting married you of course demand to see pics from other weddings the photographer has taken and taste wedding cake samples etc. All you usually have to go on is a verbal referal for your doctor if you are lucky and some people don't even get that because of insurance companies and HMO's don't always let you choose the doctor you really want. I feel really lucky that we have such a great doctor!

By the way the baby is about 2 lbs now and we are beginning the final stretch into the 3rd Trimester!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home