Monday, October 23, 2006

Stiff Joints

My latest pregnancy debacle involves stiff joints. Last Monday I woke up with a very painful ankle joint in my right leg. It felt like I had sprained or twisted my ankle even though nothing physically happened to it. I hadn't slept weird or anything!

I have used cold compresses - which made it worse. I have done stratches and applied warm/hot compresses. So far this is the only thing that seems to help. I also got my ankle afjusted at the chirporactor and got a prenatal massage, which helped some as well.

However the best the joint ever feels is at the end of the day after I have been flexing it and applying warm compresses all day. Then when I wake up again - it is stiff all over again, a horrible neverending cycle.

I have heard that there is a pregnancy hormone that affects your joints and mine apparently has decided to settle in my ankle. God help me if this lasts for the rest of the pregnancy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home