Thursday, February 15, 2007

I Passed! Woo Hoo! - Week 31

I had my 3 hour Glucose Tollerance Test (GTT) yesterday morning.  Yes the husband and I did go out in the Level 2 Snow Emergency . . . but it was a very important test and it took us 3 weeks just to get the appointment and our Dr. needed the results for our next prenatal appt this coming Tuesday.

The test was so horrible.  The 3 hr GTT 'glucola' - the orange sugary stuff they make you drink -  was a higher dose than the 1 hr test you take early on in the pregnancy.  The glucola tastes like really bad flat orange soda pop - yuck.  It's a fasting test so no food or water after 10pm the night before.  The test was then at 7:30 am - such fun!  Then you can't drink any water during the 3 hr test at all once it's started.

I was so thursty and hungry.  I think I am totally over the no appetite thing I had last week.  I couldn't wait to go eat and guzzle down a bottle of water!

I got the test results this afternoon.  I could have gotten them late yesterday but I was worried about the results and didn't want the possibility of beng depressed for Valentine's Day.

So . . . (insert drum roll here)  . . . I passed.  Whew!  My fasting, 1 hr, and 3 hr sugar levels were just fine but the 2 hr level was on the higher side.  So overall I passed.  I just have to keep doing what I am doing and try to avoid excessive amounts of sugar - like soda pop etc.  which is no problem since I haven't been drinking pop aside from the occasional sip from the husband's glass.  I think the only things I will miss are ice-cream (unless it is the low carb variety) and fruit juices.

However Iam looking forward to the See's Truffles that Phatfrog is bringing me from CA, when she visits for the shower.  I'll be sure to eat them very sparingly just to make sure - so if it's a small pack they should last me the whole rest of the pregnancy unless the husband helps me eat them - 9 more weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home