Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Where is the Milk Man?

Well it is 12AM and I am so very tired so after this I promise to sleep - really . . .

Anyways the current baby issue is low milk supply. I am doing what all the breastfeeding books say to do. I have talked with the lactation consultant. I am pumping with the hospital grade pump and breastfeeding the baby every 2-3 hours. And now the doctor has prescribed REGLAN to help increase my supply.

I guess you are supposed to make around 600 ML of breastmilk a day but I am probably getting less then 200 ML. It is so depressing and everyone wants to give advise . . . So right now the necessary evil is Simulac formula but I am adding the little bit of breastmilk that I am getting.

Oh I survived the family visit the other week. I only wish the baby's grandma would have listened to us on our wishes - by not giving the baby more formula than he was supposed to have or by sabbotaging my breastfeeding by giving him suppliment right before I am supposed to breastfeed or by holding the baby ALL through the night and not putting him in his crib. We don't want him to want to be held EVERY time he sleeps. We would never get anything done or sleep if we had to hold the baby 24/7! Don't get me wrong - we love to hold the baby but when you are so tired you get scared you will drop the baby - the crib and carseat are wonderful places!

Right now the husbabd and I are still extremely sleep deprived. We dream of getting an uninterruped stint of sleep that is more than 1 hour long. So if anyone wants to come and babysit while we sleep . . .

Well I guess I should try to close my eyes for a few minutes.

A very sleep deprived new mom signing off . . .

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Mom said...

Dear Honey, Keep on keeping on. You are a wonderful mother. I love you. I know that you will ALWAYS do what is best for Baby. Take care of yourself so that you can take care of Baby. And I know that Husband is taking care of you both. I love you all. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home