Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Relief vs. Disappointment

During my entire reproductive life I've felt relieved when my period arrived because it meant that I hadn't gotten pregnant.

Now that the husband and I are TTC - having a period means a slight disappointment.

I was thinking how ironic this new change in feelings really is this morning. 8 years ago I would have been releived, since I was still in college and the husband and I were still engaged at that time. But now - there is a small feeling of emptiness down there and no feelings of relief.

Well I guess it can be bittersweet because with all my charting I know that I did ovulate and I had a decent length for my leuteal phase - it just wasn't meant to be this past cycle.

Oh well I guess I will just have to have more sex!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home