Monday, July 10, 2006

To Tell or Not to Tell

So we are quickly apporaching the actual house hunt and we haven't yet told our families officially. Only a few close friends and even fewer family members know. So when do you think we should make the announcement of the move?

A) Wait till we actually find a house.
B) Wait will we are actually going to move.
C) Wait till we are in Ohio.
D) Just invite everyone to our new house in Nov. for Thanksgiving and tell them then.
E) Don't tell them at all - keep our CA cell phones numbers and just wait till we are pregnant and tell everyone everything together. - Less phone calls that way.
F) Tell people when I give my work notice.
G) Tell people now.

The thing I want to avoid is people asking "Well if you are moving are you pregnant too?" - that would hurt especially if we aren't pregnant when we move.

Please vote!

4 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger brooklynnut said...

I choose A- tell them when you've found a house. Wait,then again you'll have to put up with the fam during the move. However, it's good to have help schleping boxes and unpacking. Hmmm, is it worth the aggravation? But if you do B, C, D, or E they will just be insulted. With A at least you can say you wanted to wait until you were sure it was really going to happen. F & G- do you really want to give them several months to annoy you with questins that are none of their business? I think you were smart to wait this long, what's a little longer? OK, that's my 2 cents.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger brooklynnut said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I vote A.

Do you really want to deal with the question, "why didn't you tell us?" It's a sure to be asked question, but something you can always say in response is "we just wanted to suprise you with the good news when we knew for sure."

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger VJ said...

Having gone through a similar situation in the last year (with the new job that nobody but Ann and my sister knew I had interviewed for) I would say to tell them when you close on the house. Once you are offically home owners you can tell them. At that time you should pretty much know your moving dates and everything. If you wait until after you have moved or even the few days before the move I think there may be a lot of hurt feelings. Plus it won't come as such a sock to them. The reactions I got from family were really varried, they were happy we were moving but a little upset that we didn't tell them. I got around that by saying I didn't want to get their hopes up if I didn't get the job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home