Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I Gave the Dr. the Boot

I told my Dr. that I was concerned about having a short Luteal Phase. I faxed her my charts (3 months worth all showing a LP of 8-9 days). Way to short for implantation to occur even if we did fertilize.

My Dr and I quote firmly stated "ALL LUTEAL PHASES LAST 14 DAYS." Well duh - a perfect one lasts 14-16 days but mine obviously aren't! Even a toddler who can count to 10 can count that on my chart!

So I called up the insurance agancy and gave my old Dr. the boot - I now have an appt with a OBGYN - my old Dr. was Internal Med. I can't wait to see what this new Dr. says when I go in with all my charts and tell her what my cycles are doing. I won't be one of those clueless patients who wonder in believing anything and everything the Dr. says!

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger VJ said...

Yes, in an ideal world they all last at least 14 days. I LOVE the dr. Paul and I found. She teaches the Creighton method, which is a little different from sympto-thermal, but she understands my charts. She is even teaching us the Creighton method, so we can work with her better. We had a follow up appointment yesterday and we have almost one complete cycle on the new chart.
When we went in for the first appointment she looked at our sympto charts and was able to understand them. Something that she wanted me to watch is my menstration (sorry if that grosses anybody out) and chart what it was doing. By doing that we found out that my luteal phase is lasting long enough but I have bleeding at the end of my cycle, that I thought was my period but wasn't!
She ordered 2 different blood tests to be done at different times in the cycle, plus a transvaginal ultrasound. At our apointment yesterday based on what she saw we are also going to have an endometrial biopsy next week.
Even if it turns out that we can't have children, it is a great comfort that at least we will know why.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home